SAP S/4HANA and SAP Fiori Adoption: Using UEM to Maximize Value of Your Digital Strategy
Enterprises are digitally transforming all portions of their enterprise activities to improve operations and remain competitive in a rapidly changing world.
Line-of-business and IT leaders today are called upon to leverage digital technologies and new business and operating models to transform and disrupt their business, customers, markets, and competitors.
The competitive strengths of the past — corporate size and history, brand strength, and market leadership — have given way to a “new order” where agility, technology savvy, innovation underpinned by creative skills, and acumen with big data, analytics, and design thinking rule the day. To accomplish this, many enterprises are adopting the SAP advanced business suite S/4HANA to power their digital strategy. At the same time, they are leveraging the SAP Fiori user interface to improve and customize both the functionality and user experience.
SAP UEM by Knoa enables business and IT leaders to identify applications and processes with the greatest inefficiencies and complexities. This permits a rapid and confident selection of priority target migrations and a baseline performance level that should improve.
Client: Salt River Project
Issue: End-users encountering process errors couldn’t describe steps that resulted in an error, increasing issue resolution time.
Used SAP UEM data to: Identify specific process steps that result in error, quickly isolating problem and allowing support staff to spend time fixing the issue, or offering training to the effected users.
In fact, SAP UEM by Knoa can help throughout the migration lifecycle – planning, deployment and ongoing support.
With the rapid adoption of digital strategies and new technologies, business and IT leaders will prioritize their projects and sequence their roll-out by answering several questions:
- Which applications will deliver the greatest organizational benefit?
- Which users are leveraging those applications – and how will their work process be different?
- What SAP and non-SAP applications will be impacted?
- What is the financial and process improvement justification for the migration?
During migration and deployment, the business requirements shift to understanding user workflow and usage patterns. Business leaders and deployment team specialists may need to understand:
- How do users work with the new applications (who are “super users” versus “infrequent users,” mobile users versus desk-bound users)?
- How do users progress through their workday? Have workflows changed?
- Have new applications or processes created workflow or data problems?
After deployment is complete, the improvement journey doesn’t end. Business leaders will need to uncover both the realized benefits and any ongoing challenges by asking:
- Where has adoption of the new processes been slower than expected?
- Is the system processing transactions at the expected speed?
- How much has performance improved, by group, application or overall?
- Are there opportunities to further improve workflow or performance?
- What specific transactions or process steps result in errors or incorrect processing?
Client: Salt River Project
Issue: End-users use multiple transaction codes to find relevant and related master data.
Used SAP UEM data to: Identify high use t-codes used for data retrieval and prioritize SAP Fiori UX development to display related master data in a single, mobile enabled screen.
Overall, using SAP UEM to help throughout the SAP S/4HANA migration and SAP Fiori UX transition can help the enterprise:
- Identify target processes for upgrade based on objective performance and usability measurements.
- Consistently document system issues and response times to establish performance benchmarks and improvement targets and anticipate expected user benefits.
- Identify training targets based on known application and process usage and therefore maximize training impact.
- Monitor ongoing application usage, adoption, and policy compliance to ensure organizational benefits are achieved.
- Monitor end-user support issues and rapidly improve process flow to by reducing interface-related errors and continuously improving user experience.
Organizations that use SAP UEM by Knoa as an integral part of the SAP S/4HANA and SAP Fiori UX migration can expect to see:
- Improved return on investment for migrated applications
- Increased rate of adoption for migrated applications
- Reduced end-user support issues, increasing end-users efficiency and productivity
- Improved satisfaction with SAP S/4HANA applications and SAP Fiori UX migrations